The Thread In Which We Suggest Improvements for 2013

STEP RIGHT IN FOLKS!

The Thread In Which We Suggest Improvements for 2013

Postby Kendar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:27 am

Here are some of the ideas pitched at our mid-ride meeting, but I'm sure that we've thought of more in the aftermath of RAGBRAI XL. Post your thoughts in a reply!

+ reserve camping in advance?
+ can we camp away from RVs with generators? (probably not in every town, as the bus is technically an RV)
+ We NEED an extra car for the whole week to run ahead to get a spot, get groceries, and meet in the mid-town.
+ We NEED to know who we can count on to do support in advance.
+ The bus gets messy and smelly. Clean up your shit, please! Perhaps we'll incorporate a big bin for "found" items to be fed every morning, or individual "lockers," or both.
+ Read the website! Post on the forum! Use the gallery!
+ It would be good to pay your dues as early as possible (I think I'm going to change my dues-collecting routine next year).
+ Registration packets sent out early upon request?
+ Improved bus sleeping arrangements?
+ Facilitate better communication for the bus ride to and from RAGBRAI.
+ The text messages got mixed up this year. How can we ensure that people wind up where they should? I see the town message board playing an important role in our future.

I'd like to add something to the "stuff the bus needs" list right now: a step into the back of the bus! Those of us under, say, 5'9" or so currently have to go around or use a catapult to get into the back of the bus, which takes up at least 30 extra seconds of our day...
Kendar

Re: The Thread In Which We Suggest Improvements for 2013

Postby Troy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:44 pm

I absolutely love the idea of lockers or something of the sort. It may not be good for peoples bags due to size constraints but for keeping foodz and personal items organized i think it would be a good idea.

Although.. pretty much any form of cabinetry would work, but I think this is a dern good idea.
Troy

Postby Troy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:47 pm

I definitely think that having lockers or some sort of individual storage would be a fantabulous idea. Keeps personal items and food and the such out of the way.

Also, can I throw a vote down on a catapult as a means for individuals under 5'9 to get on the bus? I like where this is going.
Troy

Postby Kendar » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:20 am

Do you think it would work to have one or two labeled Rubbermaid-ish tubs under each seat? If we each shared one with another person, there should be enough room for most of us.

Also, catapult or trebuchet?
Kendar

Return to The Big Top!